DEPARTMENT OF PUBLIC SAFETY
Assaults in the 900 & 1000 block of Monroe Street, N.E.
January 28, 2013
From January 20th – 25th, 2013, the Department of Public Safety has received two reports of CUA students being assaulted in the area of the Brookland Metro Station during the early and late evening hours. Both students were walking on in the 900 or 1000 block of Monroe Street, N.E., when they were assaulted by a group of juveniles. Both students refused medical treatment and nothing was taken from either students.
The juveniles have been described as black males; approximately 15-18 years old; traveling in groups of 4 – 8.
MPD has been notified and will increase patrol in the area.
- Walk in groups or with a companion as often as possible.
- Stay alert and aware of your surroundings at all times.
- Notice people approaching you or walking behind you.
- Trust your instincts. If a situation does not feel right, take protective action.
- Notify the Campus Police on (202-319-5111), of any suspicious persons or activity.