3600 Block of John McCormack Road
Oct 15, 2012
On Friday, October 12, 2012, at approximately 11:30 p.m., a CUA student was robbed in the 3600 block of John McCormack Road. Two suspects approached the victim and asked to use his cell phone. One of the suspects immediately snatched the cell phone from the victim’s hand. The victim chased the suspect, caught him and retrieved his cell phone. The other suspect struck the victim in the face with his fist. Both suspects fled, running towards the Metro escalators.
MPD and Metro Transit Police were notified and responded. The victim sustained a slight injury to his eye, but refused medical attention.
Suspect #1: Black male; 19-20 years old; 5’9”; slim built; dark complexion; shoulder length dread locks; wearing a black coat and white shirt.
Suspect #2: Black male; 19-20 years old; 5’11”; dark complexion; wearing a red hat.
- Stay alert at all times. The more aware you are, the less vulnerable you become. Notice people walking behind or approaching you.
- Listen to your surroundings.
- Avoid displaying cash, jewelry, cell phones or other electronic devices; they draw unwanted attention to potential thieves.
- If someone tries to rob you, don’t resist. Give up your property – don’t give up your life.
- Notify the campus police of any suspicious persons or activity.